Important Information Concerning Your Pest Management Program
The Client acknowledges and agrees to these terms by scheduling service via telephone communication, signing this document, or providing a confirmation of acceptance via electronic mail.
Safe Pest Control will deliver the Service in a competent and professional manner taking into account these terms. The ongoing effectiveness of the pest control provided depends on the Customer implementing Safe Pest Control’s recommended hygiene, housekeeping, stacking and property maintenance procedures. The Customer acknowledges that pest treatment may also be rendered ineffective by disturbing treated areas, building alterations, renovations and introducing untreated or infested materials to the property that encourage pest activity.
Pest Inspection and Treatment:
All pest inspections undertaken as part of the Service will be based upon a visual inspection only limited to those areas and sections of the premises fully accessible and visible to the technician at the time and on the day of the inspection. Furniture, equipment, fittings and stock may conceal evidence of some pests that can only be revealed when these items are removed. The treatment will cover only those pests and areas described in this agreement. All other pests are excluded unless agreed by Safe Pest Control in writing.
Advice, Recommendations / AfterCare:
Safe Pest Control’s technician will provide a service report after the Service and provide advice and recommendations to the Customer to control and minimise pests and their habitat. These may cover hygiene, housekeeping, stacking, storage and maintenance.
Health and Safety Information
1. You must advise us of any pets or of any personal or family/staff allergies, or other concerns.
2. Any persons who are particularly sensitive, or who suffer from allergic reactions, should, as a matter of precaution, remain out of the
premises for a period of 24 hours and not return until after the premises have been fully ventilated.
3. You must remove or protect any people, animals, birds or fish during the treatment period.
4. You must cover all food items and all food utensils.
5. You must avoid contact with treated surfaces until the control agent has dried.
6. You must observe any verbal advice provided by our firm or our licensed operator at the time of treatment.
7. You must ensure your premises are properly ventilated after treatment. Leave any air-conditioners on ‘vent mode’ (so they circulate
outside air into the building) for a period of at least four hours after the treatment or after re-occupying.
8. Water Tanks: No treatment can be carried out around water tanks not fully sealed or to water collection areas. You must advise
us of water tank installations.
Payment Terms and Details of FREE Service Period
9. If during the course of the program, it is found that structural or environmental conditions prevent us from performing any sections of the Management Program then the FREE Service Period or the cost of your investment may have to be reviewed.
10. Unless specific written arrangements have been provided the full contract price shall be due and payable and recoverable by this
Firm on commencement of the initial treatment.
11. Any FREE Service Period shall be null and void unless all monies due and payable to this Firm have been paid in full within the
standard terms of business above.
12. Where a FREE Service Period has been provided then, upon notification by you, we agree to provide you with any remedial treatment(s) as may be required to the nominated property, AT NO COST TO YOU. Any FREE Service Period is conditional upon you notifying us of signs of pest infestation.
13. No Responsibility is accepted, or warranty implied, for any damage or consequential losses that may occur as the result of
past, current or future pest activity.
14. The proposed treatment only applies to the pest species named overleaf in this Pest Management Proposal. The program does not
provide protection against any other pest/s.
Treatment Details and Control Agents
15. Only control agents approved by the Department of Primary Industry and Energy’s Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Medicines
Authority (APVMA) registered for use by the relevant State or Territory Registration Authority will be used.
16. While every care will be taken, this firm will not be held liable should staining of timbers, fabrics, wall coverings, floor covering or any other articles that occur.
17. WARNING. Where drilling and or cutting is required; no liability is accepted should damage result to concealed services such as
power, gas, water, etc. You indemnify Us against any costs that may arise from such possible damages. Clear and accurate plans
should be provided by you before we commence.
18. You accept that this pest management program can be rendered ineffective if you fail to implement our recommended hygiene
procedures, by making building alterations, or by the introduction of conducive or infested materials.
19.*Qld only: record the Strength of Active Constituent (AC): Means the concentration of AC in the made up spray mixture.
Termites and Other Timber Pests
20. This program does not cover treatment for, or inspection for, termites (white ants) or any other timber pests.
21. We strongly recommend that you should arrange to have your property inspected for termites at least once every twelve (12) months and preferably every three (3) to six (6) months as recommended in the Australian Standards AS 3660
Protection of buildings from subterranean termites and AS 4349.3 Inspection of buildings – Timber pest inspections. A termite or timber pest inspection can be arranged upon request and is recommended. Disclaimer Of Liability To Third Parties
22. Compensation will only be payable for losses arising in contract or tort sustained by the Client named on the front of this Pest Management Treatment Proposal & Advice Notice. Any third party acting or relying on this Pest Management Treatment Proposal & Advice Notice, in whole or in part, does so entirely at their own risk.