Get Rid Of Spiders Today
Protecting your home from any unwanted pests can be quite difficult if you’re not sure how to effectively keep them away. However, spiders can be pretty insistent in invading our homes, particularly when looking for a mate and during the annual migration during the autumn season. (Read: Spiders in high-rise building)
There are harmless spiders but there are also dangerous spiders in Australia just like the Sydney Funnel Web Spider. That is why it is important to safeguard your home and your family’s health. So, here are some effective strategies for natural pest control would find to be handy in getting rid of the 8-legged crawlies.
Organic Spider Repellents
These are non-toxic and natural ingredients (such as fruits too) that can be used as organic repellents against spiders:
- Citrus – Spiders hate the scent of citrus and it can be readily available at home. You can use lemon peel and rub it along the window sills, door frames, bookshelves, and skirting boards. Other than lemons, you can also use leftover peels of oranges and grapefruit.
- Cedar – Whether it is cedar essential oil or cedar mulch, spiders are not a fan of the smell of cedarwood which makes it an excellent natural repellent. You can keep it in a bag and simply hang it around your wardrobe or put it inside your closet. Sand them down every now and then to refresh the scent.
- Eucalyptus – Growing a eucalyptus plant around the parameters of your home would be a great strategy to keep the spiders away. You can also set up the plant inside, place it near windows, and have a nice-smelling home. If you don’t prefer eucalyptus, you can spray peppermint essential oils or lavender plants.
- Cinnamon Essential Oil – Instead of using commercial pesticides, essential oils are well-loved by many, and cinnamon essential oils is one of the treatment oils that work well as a spider repellent. Other good options are citronella, eucalyptus, rose, lavender oil, tea tree, and cedar essential oil.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda – These are natural remedies that can prevent spiders from taking over your residence. To make the vinegar solution, you can fill a spray bottle with half water and half white vinegar. Spritz it to any cracks, crevices, or any area where spiders congregate. You can also sprinkle a spoonful of baking soda on windowsills, corners, and doorways. (Related: Spider control in sydney Australia)
General de-cluttering and checking your house for cracks matters!
One of the basic ways to keep the spiders away is to de-clutter and have a regular clean-up. You don’t want to give them a chance to build their webs so make sure that everything is organized, neat, and tidy. Check for cracks or crevices too so you can seal any openings that might be used as a spider’s entryway.
Adopt a pet.
If you have pets at home, they’ll be a great help and a reliable hunter that can banish spiders away! Consider getting a cat as these feline friends will surely take care of the spiders. Plus cats are loveable companions anyway! (Related: Why you should get professional spider pest control)
These natural spider repellents are effective remedies in keeping your home safe from encountering any eight-legged visitor that might be tempting to scuttle around your home. Other than spiders, be prepared for other seasonal pests with our Eco Pest Control tips.
Hiring a reliable commercial pest control Sydney expert would be a great assurance in making your house pest-free. So talk to one of our Safe Pest Control specialists today and take advantage of our free quotation! Contact us at 1300 119 085 or send your inquiry to email@example.com.